Let me explain. I am living in a household of practically two persons, and we have two trashcans. Two LARGE trash cans. I took a picture to show, and put a basketbal in the picture just to show the dimensions.

So what is so bad about this, you might ask. Well, Americans are know for beeing the people in the world that produces most garbage, but it still takes about a week or more to fill those trash cans. When the average temprature in and around the cans is around 20 degrees Celcius, with peaks of close to 30 in the middle of the day, it creates a good environment for things to grow and develop destinct odors in the cans. And the cans we have in our house is not anything above normal. This is what most people have in their houses, som even have larger cans. I would say that a smaller size can,perhaps an average european size household can would suffice, even for American needs. The can would indeed need to be emptied alot more often, but I claim that this would contribute to reduce the horrible garbage smell that often develop in kitchens, especially student kitchens. Go Europe!!

No comments:
Post a Comment