
Approaching Kicking Horse, the weather clears up.

The name fits nicely with the Mustang logo. Didn't see any tho.

Getting closer, this looks promising

Aparently not only the Treslings that got that idea.

Looking good

Gotta be careful

They were gonna have a freeride contest

Good thing I wasn't signed up, they were dropping down those cliffs back there, then entering the huge bigjump just in front of the crowd.

I rather wanted to go down here, better snow there for me.
So after a short walk along the ridge, a break for some food, an encounter with two dudes from Czech Republic. Turned out they had been to Norway. They had actually been to Norwegian prison. They were going rafting on Driva and Sjoa, and brought no less than 180 liters of alcohol in order to finance their trip, but unfortunately for them, they got caught. Anyways. Here they were, wondering if they should go down this or that way.

While they were debating in Czech or some other language I don't speak fluently, I took another picture.


So I made up my mind, one really good ride! I stood and waited to see if the boarders were coming down, but did not see anything, so I went on. Later I met them at the bottom, where some girl managed to tip over the metal fence preventing total chaos before the lifts and making a big scene, and they told me they've been sitting on the top having a beer and waiting to see if they could see me at the bottom, but they never saw any of me. Nevertheless they also decided to go down the same way I did, and told me they also had a great ride. We exchanged email addresses and here is a picture they took of me on my way down.
-----

Anyways, so after that steep mountain, I was only half way down yet, still some more snow

Could have gone down there too, but I'd rather come back when there's some more snow... -or not

And a word from our sponsors...

Is that Pisten Bully gonna run that fake not Kicking Horse?

A great day in Kicking Horse is over...

High speed into Alberta

No comments:
Post a Comment