So I finally arrived in Seattle, some very many hours later than expected, due to the destroyed airplane roof. But we made it over both the Atlantic and America, and landed safely on the west coast.
My initial plan was to pick up the rental car at around 6pm, drive up to Vancouver, turn right and head for the Rockies, ready for skiing tomorrow. Instead we landed closer to midnight, I picked up the car as planned, but was slightly more tired than planned, so I ended up getting a motel just off the airport (luckily they don't fly those planes at night) and tucked me in for the night.
Another travel tip: It seems that they turn off the heat when theres nobody in the rooms, which I tiredly failed to notice, so I woke up shivering under a thin layer of cloth in the middle of the night, seeing frost smoke coming from my mouth. Ah! The air conditioner also works as a heater - I actually knew that...
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment